Covid Autumn Boosters
We’re in your corner in staying well this Autumn, and if you’re a resident in a care home or immunosuppressed, you’ll be getting your Covid booster vaccine in no time.
If you are eligible, from 18 September the NHS will start to invite you to book an appointment on the National Booking Service. Those eligible include:
- Adults aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group
- Frontline health and social care workers
- People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Carers aged 16 to 64 years and staff working in care homes for older adults
Don’t forget to register with your GP as a carer so you can be invited for your booster when the time comes.
Protect yourself and the person you care for from flu with a free flu vaccine. If you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person, who may be put at risk if you became ill, you should be offered a free flu jab.
Receiving Carer’s Allowance? You can also request the flu jab from your GP surgery or local pharmacist.
You may also be eligible for a free flu jab if you are aged 65+, pregnant or have a certain health condition.