Our placements offer clinical hours towards accreditation for your course (though some courses do not accept child counselling hours, so check with your tutor before applying for a placement in our CYP Therapy service).
Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, much of our therapeutic work is being delivered remotely.
Students need to have the following in order to undertake placements with Gaddum:
- Valid student membership with a professional ethics body.
- Valid supervision arrangements, meeting the specifications of their approved ethics body.
- Be studying one of the following:
- Level 7 post-graduate CBT course, with a recognised University.
- Level 4 or 5 person centred counsellor diploma.
- Any other undergraduate level counselling courses, which require a practical element; are delivered by a recognised University; and provide eligibility for BACP registration (including Certificate of Proficiency route). Gaddum may consider other courses or arrangements by exception.
- We also welcome trained counsellors and therapists who are willing to give their time to support our valuable work. Please see our Volunteers page for more information.
How to apply...
We also have placements available for trainee Therapists of children and young people (CYP).
To apply, please fill in the relevant forms below.
Once we’ve assessed your application, you may be invited for an interview. If you are successful, we will arrange for you to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before starting placement with us.