Lived Experience Coordinating Group – Panel Member
Location: Central Manchester / Online
Choice of payment or voucher and reimbursement of travel expenses.
Working hours: A few hours a month, as required
At Gaddum, we treat everyone as individuals. We really get to know those we help, understanding their world to offer a range of support that’s right for them. Our promise of tailored support is made possible by our breadth and depth of knowledge, through our unwavering commitment to the local people of Greater Manchester.
Our experience listening to generation after generation, for nearly 200 years, has taught us the importance of considering not just the individual but also the relationships around them. Our innovative approach means we can, not only build resilience, but identify further risks and offer preventive support now and in the future. At Gaddum, we believe that by supporting individuals, we ultimately help support entire communities.
Our aim is to empower and enhance the lives of people in Greater Manchester.
We currently work across all ten Greater Manchester Boroughs.
We are creating a ‘Lived Experience Coordinating Group’ (LECG) and are looking for representatives from each of these areas we work in to get involved.
- Salford Carers
- Manchester Carers
- People that have accessed therapy services In Manchester
- Minority ethnic groups that have accessed advocacy services in Manchester
It’s an exciting opportunity to effect change by using your Lived Experience to make decisions relating to upcoming Lived Experience workstreams for the Integrated Care Board, Manchester/ Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Living Well and wider coproduction work across Gaddum.
The LECG will meet approximately once a month for a couple of hours and be supported by the Coproduction Team at Gaddum to come together and create a positive and effective coproduction environment. You will have the opportunity to co-chair meetings if you’d like.
Examples of current and upcoming work
- To coproduce a role profile for Lived Experience involvement at Gaddum
- To be part of recruitment panels for staff and volunteers.
- To coproduce best practice guidance for Lived Experience involvement.
- To review and contribute to bids for new contracts and projects.
Expression of Interest
If you would like to make an expression of interest please answer the following questions and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midday on Monday 8th January 2023:
- Why would you like to be part of the Lived Experience Coordinating Group?
- What do you feel that you could bring to this role in terms of your strengths/ experiences?